Pan Roasted Bananas
Updated: May 8, 2020
One of the things I find when working with clients that is the hardest to start curbing is that sweet tooth.
Going cold turkey isn't always easy and often leads to binge eating after a couple of weeks.
Food should be enjoyed so why not having something that adds some fiber and health benefits while also enjoying a sweet treat.
1 TBS Coconut Oil
1 tsp Cinnamon
1-2 TBS of Chocolate Chips (I prefer dairy free soy free ones by enjoy life)
Unsweetened Coconut flakes
Optional Fruit - Strawberries, raspberries, blueberries
Optional Nuts or Seeds - Walnuts, pecans, pistachios, cashews, chia seeds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds
How to Prepare:
1. Cut your banana into 4ths. In half then halve it again.
2. Heat up a small frying pan and add your coconut oil. When you can feel the heat of the pan about 6 inches above with your hand the pan is ready.
3. Place your banana slices in the pan and leave them for about a min to warm through and start to brown.
4. Flip them and then cook the other side for another minute.
5. Take them out and place them over your plated chocolate chips. The heat from the banana will melt the chocolate.
6. Toss the flaked coconut in the remaining oil in the pan and stir until nice and toasty. Note: It burns fast so watch it and keep it moving.
7. Pour coconut and any optional toppings over the banana and enjoy!