Radishes Don't Have to be Bitter
Updated: May 8
Radishes are one of those very misunderstood and under valued vegetables. They have a sharp peppery taste when eat raw, but if you cook them, their flavor profile changes completely.
Got a little food boredom?
Change up your usual go to side vegetables and roast up some radishes.
1 Bunch of Radishes - either a fresh bunch or pre-trimmed bag
Fresh Herbs of choice
1-2 TB Fat for cooking - Ghee, Olive Oil, Avocado Oil are all excellent choices
How to Prepare:
1. Wash your radishes and if you bought a bunch trim them up.
2. Cut them in slices or in quarters and toss in your fat of choice to coat
3. Season them lightly
4. Roast them in the oven for 15-20 minutes at 425. They should be lightly browned but easily pierced with your fork. If you cut them in slices over quarters they will cook quicker.
5. Check them half way through and toss them in the pan a little.
6. Serve with your favorite fresh herbs like dill, parsley, or chives.